Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hurray for Caitlyn's New Blog...and even a Quick Update!

So I have finally finished with Caitlyn's new blog!  It took me a little while but it is done.  I do have to finish writing about our adventures in August and that will be posted soon.  From now on all of Caitlyn's monthly updates will be posted here on this website and they will be written under the "blogging" section.  I will make sure that I label our blogs so everything can be found easily for everyone.  

A quick update on Caity:  Well she is still in her make-shift cast and the days are going better, the nights seem to be getting easier too.  Now lets hope it stays that way!  This week we will be hiking back down to Milwaukee for a few appointments between Thursday, Friday, and even possibly Saturday morning.  I do have to say, the car seat the hospital loaned to us to use is awful!  Actually, I just think it's the way Caitlyn is in her cast that is making it so awful.  If her legs were just a little bit longer they would be able to hang off the sides of the seat but instead her heals are digging into the bottom of the seat leaving little marks on her feet and that causes the cast to tighten around her ankles and leave marks.  And because her left leg is so much larger than her right the carseat restraint straps don't fit properly either.  It is horribly tight on her left leg and so unsafely loose on her right.  I've managed to tuck thin blankets underneath her right side but I still feel as if it is really unsafe.  Hopefully she will only have to be in this cast for a totally of 2 - 2 1/2 months.  With the way our luck is going, I'm almost possitive she will be in this beast past her first birthday.  At least she will never remember any of this.
Going to bed while Mom blogs

Chemo is going really well.  You would never even know she was on it.  All of her doctors are in agreement that we are going to hold off on the next sclerotherapy treatments until after she is through with her huge-plastic-body-friend.  Then we will do 3-4 rounds of sclerotherapy using Bleomycin.  Dr. Johnson, her Interventional Radiologist, is very optimistic about her response to the Bleomycin.  Since she responded so well to our last round of sclerotherpy, in February, he is hoping Caitlyn's body will react very close to that again.

I am signing off and going to get some R&R before my day starts all over again at 7am when my little alarm clock sounds over the monitor! :)

 

No comments: